Do you have a passion for sharing the world of computer programming, 3D printing, or digital making? Are you interested in joining a team of dynamic educators who will shape an exciting new program? Annie Wright Schools is launching CodeMakeDream, a specialized summer sequence of learning experiences in coding, 3D printing, electronics, and design, and we are looking for educators passionate about inspiring elementary and middle school aged learners to tackle STEAM challenges.
Starting June 19, Annie Wright Schools will offer two weeklong CodeMakeDream each week throughout the summer, the morning program (9am-12pm) for elementary school aged learners, and the afternoon program (1pm-4pm) for middle school aged learners.
While we are particularly interested in educators interested in teaching throughout the summer, there may be opportunities to teach for only several weeks or certain timeslots in a day.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing daily lesson plans based on the experience levels of students enrolled in each course.
- Supervising and instruct students, combining technical skill instruction with artistic and kinesthetic activities and learning experiences.
- Providing feedback to parents and students based on progress made in the course.
- Assuring the organization and accessibility of camp supplies in the equipment room.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with elementary or middle school aged students;
- A bachelor’s degree and/or demonstrated experience in at least one of the following: TinkerCAD, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, LittleBits, LEGO Robotics, MinecraftEDU, Java, Python, and design thinking;
- An interest in learning new platforms, programming languages, and STEAM projects;
- Enthusiasm to coach learners to overcome challenges that exceed their own expectations.
Compensation for each teaching session of CodeMakeDream is based on education and experience. A weeklong course that does not reach minimum capacity is subject to cancellation. The CodeMakeDream team will have a mandatory orientation meeting on Saturday, June 10.
Send your cover letter and resume to Joe Romano at CodeMakeDream@aw.org. Applications will remain open until all course sessions are filled by qualified candidates.