Baishan Annie Wright Schools
(Baishan AWS) is seeking a Social Studies Teacher for Grades 9–12 for the 2021–2022 school year, starting August 21, 2021. School Overview
Located in Qingdao, China, Baishan AWS is a co-educational 5-day boarding school, and natural response to a decades-long partnership and exchanges between Annie Wright Schools and Qingdao Baishan School. Opening with Grades 9 and 10 in 2019, adding Grade 11 in 2020, and Grade 12 in 2021, the program affords students in China opportunities to earn an AWS diploma and greater access to Western universities. Baishan AWS offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses until the school completes the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) accreditation process.
Much like Tacoma, Qingdao is a port city with beautiful mountains and sailing. Voted as one of the most expat-friendly cities, Qingdao offers many of the same shopping and services as western cities.
Annie Wright’s strong community cultivates individual learners to become well-educated, creative and responsible citizens for a global society.Position Overview: duties & responsibilities
Baishan Annie Wright Schools seeks an inspiring high school Social Studies teacher with abilities to develop a passion for the subjects with students. The teacher should be able to teach World Geography, World History, and either AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, or AP Environmental Science. Teachers with AP and IB experience will be considered first.
- design and implement appropriate lesson
- aid students in their daily tasks, online or in person as needed, to help ensure their understanding of subject matter and use of materials
- maintain a professional attitude in all manner of conduct with students, faculty, and parents, including a commitment to confidentiality
Compensation & benefits
- holds a teaching certificate
- at least two years teaching experience
- has experience working with Grades 9–12
- clear criminal records and ability to work in China
- available from 7:30 am–4:30 pm
- considerable savings opportunities
- assistance from experienced Human Resources with securing Chinese Z-Visa for families
- generous housing allowance is provided to staff as part of the contract
- overseas staff receive annual flights to home of record
- after the second year of employment, overseas staff receive an annual bonus that increases in value each year
- professional development allowance
- a moving allowance is provided either at the beginning or end of the contract
- daily transportation to school/home
- overseas staff have International Medical Insurance with Aetna
Baishan Annie Wright Schools remains firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. Baishan AWS shall hire, promote, terminate, and make all other employment related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. Baishan AWS is actively seeking to create a more culturally diverse school community and accordingly, applicants of color and underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume or CV, and email and telephone contact information for 3-5 professional references, all in PDF format, to Mr. Lorne Brandt, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications for this position will be accepted until August 1, 2021.