Annie Wright is seeking a Graphic Designer & Advancement Associate to begin on December 17, 2018. This is a full time position.
Tradition meets innovation at Annie Wright Schools, where we honor our rich history and traditions, embrace the present, and continue always to move forward. Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools serve students from age three through high school. Annie Wright Lower and Middle Schools offer co-ed programs in Preschool through Grade 8, while separate Upper Schools for boys and girls offer day and boarding options in Grades 9 through 12, welcoming students from around the world. We are proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School, delivering IB programs in every division.
Annie Wright’s strong community cultivates individual learners to become well-educated, creative and responsible citizens for a global society.
Position Overview: duties & responsibilities
The Graphic Design & Advancement Associate plays a vital role in supporting communication, development, admission and enrollment management initiatives for Annie Wright Schools. The position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and is an integral member of the Advancement Team.
The Associate works particularly closely with the communications team to produce collateral that supports admissions and development efforts and with the admission team to support a mission-focused enrollment management program, including an exceptional and welcoming admissions process from inquiry to enrollment. In addition, the Associate provides administrative and event support to the admissions team.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week, 12-month, non-exempt position with some evening and weekend work. The expected daily schedule is 7:30 am-4:00 pm during the school year.
Graphic Design Responsibilities
- As part of the communications team, support the admissions and development departments with marketing and communications through developing, creating and producing multimedia collateral, including advertisements, van and wall wraps, Strength magazine, brochures, fundraising pieces and more.
- Manage and enforce brand standards and logo usage.
- Manage stationery, business cards, letterhead, etc.
- Consult and provide templates for programs, posters, etc.
- Produce short videos for the web and admissions.
- Manage photographers, photo needs and archiving, as well as production & vendor relationships.
- Fulfill editorial tasks including proofreading and updating & maintaining the Annie Wright style guide.
- Conduct regular web and SEO updates.
- Assist with social media, including templates, hashtag campaigns and short videos.
- Create a welcoming environment for all guests to the admissions office.
- Be a knowledgeable and helpful first point-of-contact for prospective families, responding to all initial inquiries and questions (managing the admissions email inbox, answering the main admissions line and voicemails, and handling in-person queries).
- Guide and support prospective students and families throughout the admission process, including giving tours.
- Monitor and process inquiry and application form submissions daily.
- Prepare and organize all admission materials for recruitment visits/events, inquiries, admission decisions, and acceptance packets.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, and implementation of admissions events, manage these events, and coordinate pre-communication and follow-up.
- When needed, represent the school at off-campus admission events and school fairs.
- Assist with coordinating outreach to feeder schools by scheduling visits and maintaining the admissions/recruitment calendar for the office.
- Maintain internal database of outreach and recruitment efforts and contact information.
- Assist with the set-up and management of on-campus testing.
Graphic Design Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Expertise in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience with digital photography and editing, video production experience preferred
- Ability to articulate and communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences
- Strong networking, relationship-building, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan comprehensively, work independently and collaboratively, manage projects, and prioritize to satisfy competing project deadlines
- Skills and experience with web publishing applications
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, blogging, social media
- Excellent customer service
- Exceptional facility and aptitude with technology, specifically database management, Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite platforms, and mail merge functions.
- Capacity to organize, maintain, and analyze data.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Capability to prioritize and balance competing demands
- Be proactive, self-motivated, and show strong initiative.
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively as a team player and be able to take direction.
- Discretion in handling confidential information and maintaining confidentiality within the Admissions Office.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Salary & benefits
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Annie Wright Schools remains firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. Annie Wright shall hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. Applicants of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, email a resume, email and telephone contact information for 3-5 professional references, and a cover letter, all in PDF format, to Mr. Derek Zhao, Executive Assistant to the Head of Schools, at firstname.lastname@example.org