Annie Wright is seeking an All School Math Coordinator, to begin August 19, 2019. This is a full time position.
Tradition meets innovation at Annie Wright Schools, where we honor our rich history and traditions, embrace the present, and continue always to move forward. Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools serve students from age three through high school. Annie Wright Lower and Middle Schools offer co-ed programs in Preschool through Grade 8, while separate Upper Schools for boys and girls offer day and boarding options in Grades 9 through 12, welcoming students from around the world. We are proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School, delivering IB programs in every division.
Annie Wright’s strong community cultivates individual learners to become well-educated, creative and responsible citizens for a global society.
Position Overview: duties & responsibilities
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Annie Wright engaged a thorough review of its Math program, and the task force that led this review made a series of recommendations for ongoing development and support of Math teaching throughout the school. The All School Math Coordinator is a newly established position that reports directly to the Head of Schools and that will be responsible for designing and implementing initiatives rooted in the task force’s review. The position will sustain for three years, after which time the school will review the role and the needs of the program. If the Coordinator’s role is not renewed after three years, s/he will be eligible for another role in the school. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Providing leadership for and coordinating professional development for Math teachers throughout the school, including embedded PD on campus, ongoing collegial collaboration, participation in off-campus programs, and working with consultants, coaches, and trainers;
- Designing a five-year plan for comprehensive review, support, and updating of the school’s Math program with specific goals, timelines, targets, and measurements for success and impact;
- Designing a plan for and coordinating collegial collaboration that focuses on “big picture” dialogue about alignment, teaching and learning Math, developing common assessments to track student progress and to place students in appropriate sections or levels, and lesson planning to ensure consistent and coherent course design and student assessment;
- Collaborating with Division Directors and other faculty to ensure programmatic support, development and alignment across the program, and support for teachers, and providing direct coaching and support for faculty;
- Identifying or developing appropriate assessments to track student progress and determine student placement; identifying opportunities to engage families in Math learning; and developing opportunities to collaborate with other highly successful Math programs;
- Teaching one section of Math in the Middle School and other duties as assigned.
The All School Math Coordinator
- holds a master’s degree in Math education, education leadership, or a related field;
- has at least 5 years experience as a Math teacher in an independent school;
- demonstrates familiarity with the International Baccalaureate and its programs and with the culture of multi-divisional independent schools;
- demonstrates enthusiasm for collaboration with colleagues and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- and is eligible to work in the United States.
Salary & benefits
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Annie Wright Schools remains firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. Annie Wright shall hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. Applicants of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, email: a cover letter, a resume, and email and telephone contact information for 3-5 professional references, all in PDF format, to Mr. Derek Zhao, Executive Assistant to the Head of Schools, at email@example.com
. Applications will be accepted until February 8, 2019.