Annie Wright is seeking Staff for Summer@Annie Wright
, beginning on June 17, 2019 and ending on August 9, 2019.
Tradition meets innovation at Annie Wright Schools, where we honor our rich history and traditions, embrace the present, and continue always to move forward. Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools serve students from age three through high school. Annie Wright Lower and Middle Schools offer co-ed programs in Preschool through Grade 8, while separate Upper Schools for boys and girls offer day and boarding options in Grades 9 through 12, welcoming students from around the world. We are proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School, delivering IB programs in every division.
Annie Wright’s strong community cultivates individual learners to become well-educated, creative and responsible citizens for a global society.
Position Overview: duties & responsibilities
Summer@Annie Wright offers an inquiry based adventure. We aim to balance fun with learning so that campers can spend their summer exploring, making new friends, and gaining new skills. Summer@Annie Wright includes a variety of week-long camp experiences, including STEM, Robotics, Creative and Performing Arts, Sports, and more! Summer@Annie Wright staff roles include:Specialty Camp Instructors:
- Role: Speciality Camp Instructors design and lead week-long experiences for campers.
- Responsibilities: Specialty Camp Instructors are responsible for all aspects of their Specialty Camps, including planning curriculum, purchasing supplies, monitoring campers throughout the week, and supervising Junior Camp Counselors who may assist in the camp experience. Specialty Camps run daily either: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 1:00-4:00 pm, or 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Qualifications: Speciality Camp Instructors demonstrate expertise in the area of their speciality camp; have experience working with and managing groups of students; demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills, a positive attitude, flexibility, the ability to work independently; and are eligible to work in the United States.
- Compensation: Specialty Camp Instructors receive 50% of enrollment fees for the specialty camp.
Junior Camp Counselors:
- Role: Camp Counselors provide support and supervision for campers and lead a variety of activities.
- Responsibilities: Camp Counselors supervise campers on the playground and in other settings, track campers’ attendance, provide support to camp leadership and Specialty Camp Instructors, and lead activities such as arts & crafts or games. Camp Counselors work between 7:00am-6:00pm, and Counselors are expected to commit to a minimum of 3 hours per day.
- Qualifications: Camp Counselors must be 18 years old and demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, the ability to work independently, and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Compensation: Compensation includes an hourly wage commensurate with experience.
- Role: Junior Camp Counselors assist Camp Counselors, Specialty Camp Instructors, and camp leadership in the support and supervision of campers.
- Responsibilities: Junior Camp Counselors assist in supervising campers on the playground and in other settings, providing support to camp leadership and Specialty Camp Instructors, and leading activities such as arts & crafts or games. Junior Camp Counselors work between 7:00 am-6:00 pm, and Junior Camp Counselors are expected to commit to a minimum of 3 hours per day.
- Qualifications: Junior Camp Counselors must be 16 years old and and demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, the ability to work independently, and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Compensation: Compensation includes an hourly wage of $12.35/hour.
Annie Wright Schools remains firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. Annie Wright shall hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. Applicants of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.